Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Save, Save, Save $$

I have a few different things for today, so be ready. :)
Kohl's department store has an organization called Kohl's Cares for Kids that is just awesome. Here is a little picture talking a little about what they do and what things they are offering this season. Not only do they have neat books and stuffed animals, but 100% of the proceeds are donated to support kids and education! They usually feature four different books with a stuffed animal that goes with each one. Everything is only $5! This season they are featuring Dr.Seuss books and characters. The books especially are a great deal because these books that are now known as "classics" are not cheap at a regular store. I know that I am going to buy my son a stuffed animal or book here and there so why not buy from an organization that is donating everything to a good cause?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next thing I've been into lately is coupon clipping! Why not take a little time to save some major cash?! Today I did my first little "outing" with my coupons in hand and I saved $38.56!! I bought everything from milk, diapers, detergent, toddler snacks, and makeup. I bought a little bit of everything! One thing that really hit home for me today was not buying something unless I need it now or in the near future!


A few of the good sales I got were at Walgreens:

1 Gallon Milk for $2.99 -- I usually pay $3.49-.69 at Wal-Mart

Tide Detergent 24 loads for $5.99 (plus they give you a $1 coupon for anything in Walgreens on your next purchase, so basically it was $4.99) -- I checked the price at Wal-Mart and that same one was $7-something!!

Buy one get one free Revlon Cosemetics-- I bought new foundation for $13.99 and got mineral powder ($11.99) for FREE!


At Wal-Mart I had a few smaller coupons here and there that I printed from http://www.coupons.com/ ($3 AND $5 Huggies diaper coupons!!) but I saved another $12.37 on Physicians Formula face brightener! Another blogger who only blogs about deals and coupons http://www.frugalcouponmom.com/ posted a link to Physicians Formula where they have mail in rebates on three of their new items (bronzer, face brightener, and mascara) that make them completely FREE when you mail in your receipt with a very simple form that you can print here.


I just went to http://www.frugalcouponmom.com/ and she has some great, great new things up today.. check her out!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The last thing I've got for today is about Redbox. When this first came out I thought there was no way that I could rent movies, especially new releases for only $1 (per night). If you rent from Blockbuster new releases are $3.99+tax which is $4.15, if I remember correctly. :) Redbox always has new releases and other movies and it is very easy to do! I have seen Redbox machines at my local McDonald's, Walgreens, and a gas station. To find your nearest Redbox click here. Also, Frugal Coupon Mom puts up a code every Wednesday for a free Redbox rental! So on Wednesdays hop on over to her blog and get your free movie rental!

Hopefully, someone can save something from this post. :) If anyone knows of any deals or coupon websites that they love, feel free to comment and I will post about it for everyone to share!!
Free Signature Generator

1 comment:

  1. I will definitely be keeping your mother-in-law in my thoughts and prayers! I am so sorry to hear about her health issues! Science and technology is amazing these days, and God knows what he is doing, so I am sure everything will be okay. Keep me updated. I love you. Thinking about yall!!

    ReplyDelete