Tuesday, November 18, 2008

For Wela

Today was Jeremy's Grandma's (would be) 80th Birthday! She passed away a couple of months ago on May 29th, 2008. I decided yesterday that I would go get some balloons for her and take Brayden to the park to let them go and take pictures. I want to have something tangible for Brayden to hold and see when we talk about her as he gets older. Of course, I was worried about the weather... When we went out today it was gorgeous, clear skies for miles and miles ( and freeeeeeezing cold!!) :). So after lunch, we went and picked out a colorful "Happy Birthday" balloon and some pearl pink and pearl purple balloons. I didn't make those colors up, that's what they were called at the store. :) Anyway, we went to the park and no one else was there. It was perfect so I tied to balloons to Brayden's little wrist (brutal, I know!) and let him play with them for a bit while I took some pictures of it. I sat on the bench next to him and had him "give Wela a kiss" on the balloon and I hated to let them go. I felt so silly being so upset but letting the balloons go felt like we were letting her go all over again. It was hard. I almost wished that Brayden would have accidentially let them go so that I wouldn't have to do it. I would have just brought the balloons home with us had it not ruined the whole idea that I had! :) I miss her a lot but even worse when I think about the sweet sweet lady (that loved Brayden SO much) that he will not remember. She held him and loved him and even watched him by herself for me in February when I had to get my hair re-done when my hair lady accidentially turned it black-- (that's another whole story!). She was so kind. Anyway, here are some pictures from our day..

Sweet Brayden giving "Wela" a kiss
Wela holding Brayden (1 month old) at Thanksgiving....

1 comment:

  1. Sarah, you are doing wonderful things for him to remember her by. You will be able to share stories and pictures with Brayden and tell him how much she did for him in such a short time and the love she had for him. So many Great Great Grandmas never have the opportunity to hold that grandson or granddaughter and she did! Love you!

    ReplyDelete